In Windows 7 the ability to search the Internet from the Start Menu was removed by default. I'm sure that Microsoft has usage data to support their decision to remove the feature but as usual power users are disappointed. If you were a user of Internet search from the Start Menu then follow these steps to restore the feature:
- Click on the Start Button, type in gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
- One the Local Group Policy Editor has loaded navigate through User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Start Menu and Taskbar, and locate Add Search Internet link to Start Menu near the top.
- Right click on Add Search Internet link to Start Menu and select Edit.
- On the edit screen select Enabled and click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor. You should now see the link restored on the Start Menu.