In Windows 7 the ability to search the Internet from the Start Menu was removed by default. I'm sure that Microsoft has usage data to support their decision to remove the feature but as usual power users are disappointed. If you were a user of Internet search from the Start Menu then follow these steps to restore the feature:
- Click on the Start Button, type in gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
- One the Local Group Policy Editor has loaded navigate through User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Start Menu and Taskbar, and locate Add Search Internet link to Start Menu near the top.
3. Right click on Add Search Internet link to Start Menu and select Edit.
4. On the edit screen select Enabled and click OK.
5. Close the Local Group Policy Editor. You should now see the link restored on the Start Menu.
Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 includes the Windows Defender SmartScreen service for years that prevents users from accidentally browsing to known malicious and fake phishing websites. While Microsoft Edge is a great browser and has many very strong security features, Microsoft understands that many people choose to use Google Chrome. As such, Microsoft still cares about the security of the web browser...
It happens every few months. My operating system drive runs out of space, and I must begin the hunt for things to delete or move to another drive. As a first step using a cleanup utility such as CCleaner is helpful, but it only finds the easy targets such as temporary files. Unfortunately, deleting these files does not typically...
Shopping for a hard to find item on Amazon.com that is always sold out? I was recently on the hunt for an external GPU enclosure that would show up in small quantities on Amazon. After failing to snag one by randomly checking periodically, I figured there must be a better way. Microsoft Flow to the rescue!
If you own a Google Chromecast streaming device, you can easily share a browser tab in Chrome browser or even your entire desktop. This can be very useful when presenting from your laptop or if you just want to watch something on a big screen that is only on your PC. The only requirement is you must be on the same network as your Chromecast...