Would you like to use the registry to set the color of aero glass on your PC? The registry setting requires an ARGB (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue) hex string for this setting. This is not very easy to create on your own so I wrote a simple decimal to hex converter below that will automatically convert the values and generate the setting value for you. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open Registry Editor and navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows and DWM.
- Edit the value of ColorizationColor. Use my value generator below to get the registry value based on the alpha and color you want to use for aero glass.
- Restart DWM with net stop uxsms followed by net start uxsms at command prompt.
ColorizationColor value generator
Just enter in the decimal value that you want to use in the various boxes and the registry string will automatically be generated.
Here are some color guidelines:
- All values have a range between 0 and 255
- The Alpha value of 0 is completely transparent, 255 is completely solid.
- Setting red, green, and blue all to 255 will result in black.
- setting red, green, and blue all to 0 will result in white.
- If you want a semi-transparent green interface, enter 128 for the alpha, 0 for red, 255 for green and 0 for blue.