Before I figured how to fix this problem, my computer would connect to the internet right after windows xp starts, or it sometimes just starts connecting when I didn't ask it to connect. To fix this problem, follow these steps...
1. Go to the "Control Panel"
2. Switch to Classic View (to make life easier)
3. Double-Click "Network Connections"
4. Click "Advanced" from the menu, then click "Dial-up Preference"
5. Under where it says "Enable redial by location", uncheck all locations.
6. Click "OK"
You're finished, now it won't auto-redial on you anymore.
Disable Modem Connection Auto-Redial
Posted in Windows XP by Community Submission