This may not solve everyone's problem with networking, but this is one way to fix a problem if you can't connect to users' computer.
1. Click start button
2. Click "My Network Places"
3. Right-click and click on "Properties"
4. Right-click on "Local Area Connection" and click on "Properties"
5. click on the "Authentication" tab
6. Uncheck "Enable network access control using IEEE 802.1X"
7. Click "OK"
Hopefully that should fix the problem. If it didn't then you have a different problem. Enjoy!
Can't connect to computers in your network?
Posted in Windows XP by Community Submission