One of the most annoying features of Internet Explorer occurs when trying to connect to a FTP site. By default, folder view is enabled. For the extreme beginner this can be of great help but I am assuming that if you are visiting my web site then you are past that stage by now. I would disable it for many reasons. The most convincing reason to disable it is because it is slow and often causes IE to not respond for periods of time when it is having a hard time connecting to the server.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools from the menu bar.
- Then select Internet Options... from the drop down menu.
- Once the internet options has loaded click on the advanced tab.
- Find where it says Enable folder view for FTP sites and uncheck it.
- Click OK
Originally submitted by: Webmaster