- Start Regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Run
- Once there, locate any entry's on the right. You can identify the program by the path to the executable. Find programs that you can live without starting up from the list.
- Right click on them and select Delete
- You may also want to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Runonce and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Run.
- Delete unnecessary programs.
- Also go to START - PROGRAMS - STARTUP and see if there is anything there you wish to remove.
- Reboot your computer.
- Click on the start button and select run.
- In the text box type msconfig and click ok.
- Once the window has loaded, click on the startup tab and uncheck programs you do not want to start up anymore.
Tip submitted by: Webmaster