Here's how to change the 5 shortcuts you see on the left when you do a "Save As..."
The default save as places are : Recent Documents / Desktop / Documents / My Computer / My Network Places
To put your own shortcuts there, do this :
- Click on the Start button.
- Select and click on Run
- Next, type gpedit.msc and click on OK
Under "Local Computer Policy", expand the navigation tree following the directions below.
- Administrative Templates
-- Windows Components
--- Windows Explorer
---- Common Open File Dialog
- Then once you have the Common Open File Dialog selected, you will notice a few settings to appear on the right side of the window.
- Double click on "Items displayed in Places Bar"
- Check "Enabled" and put in your own folder like for example :
C:\ or \\server\share or one of the following special shortcuts:
CommonDocuments, CommonMusic, CommonPictures, Desktop, MyComputer, MyDocuments, MyFavorites, MyMusic, MyNetworkPlaces, MyPictures, Printers, ProgramFiles, Recent.
- If you disable or do not configure this setting the default list of items will be displayed in the Places Bar.