Do you sit and wait while Explorer seems to take it's time showing the owner of each file/directory that is displayed? If so, then you might find the following useful:
1. Open Explorer and select "Details" under the "View" menu
2. Right click on any of the column headers (such as "Name", "Size", or "Owner")
3. Uncheck "Owner" or any other you don't need.
You should see immediate improvements as you navigate around.
To make this permanent for all folders,
4. Select "Folder Options" from the "Tools" menu
5. Select the "View" tab
6. Click the "Apply to All Folders" button
Now, you will not see "Owner" in any folder. If you want to re-display it, simply follow the instructions above and re-check "Owner" in step 3.
Submitted by E. Ray Asbury, Jr.
Remove Owner column From Explorer's Details view to dramatically speed up display
Posted in Windows XP by Community Submission