I'm sure some of you have noticed that in Windows Explorer, whenever you click a folder in the left pane, it automatically expands to show all subfolders. If you find this annoying, follow these steps...
1) close Windows Explorer if it's running
2) go Start -> Run, then type "regedit"
3) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
4) Change the value of "FriendlyTree" to 0
5) close regedit, and start up Windows Explorer. Auto-expanding menus are now off
Turn off auto-expanding trees in Windows Explorer
Posted in Windows XP by Community Submission