It's Windows reimagined and reinvented from a solid core of Windows 7 speed and reliability. It's an all-new touch interface. It's a new Windows for new devices. And it's easy to try now—whether you're installing it for the first time, or moving from the Windows 8 previews.
Windows 8 Release Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
32-bit Windows 8 Enterprise Eval Download
64-bit Windows 8 Enterprise Eval Download
Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 includes the Windows Defender SmartScreen service for years that prevents users from accidentally browsing to known malicious and fake phishing websites. While Microsoft Edge is a great browser and has many very strong security features, Microsoft understands that many people choose to use Google Chrome. As such, Microsoft still cares about the security of the web browser...
It happens every few months. My operating system drive runs out of space, and I must begin the hunt for things to delete or move to another drive. As a first step using a cleanup utility such as CCleaner is helpful, but it only finds the easy targets such as temporary files. Unfortunately, deleting these files does not typically...
If you are among the millions of “cord cutters” that are saying goodbye to cable and satellite, or if you just want to gain access to the dozens of free channels broadcast over-the-air then this article is for you. Similar to tuning in over-the-air channels on a TV you will need an antenna and a tuner to receive local TV channels. In order to watch TV on Windows 10 I like to use HD Homerun network...
Shopping for a hard to find item on Amazon.com that is always sold out? I was recently on the hunt for an external GPU enclosure that would show up in small quantities on Amazon. After failing to snag one by randomly checking periodically, I figured there must be a better way. Microsoft Flow to the rescue!