There are many new features in Windows Vista that are installed by default that you may not need. These extra and unneeded features can slow down your computer and take up more storage space. If you would like to uninstall, or turn off, these extra features, this tip is for you.
Windows Features can be uninstalled using the Windows Features utility. Follow these steps to uninstall applications such as the Windows Fax and Scan and many more:
- Click on the Start Button and select Control Panel.
- Under Programs click Uninstall a program .
- On the side menu, click on Turn Windows features on or off .
- Scroll through the list as shown below and remove the check from any feature you do not want installed.
- Click OK when you are finished making your changes. The features will now be uninstalled.