The icon size of the recently run programs list on the Start Menu is set to large by default. This is great if you like the large icons but it also cuts down on the number of recently run programs that can be displayed. Follow the steps below to give your Start Menu a cleaner look and disable large icons:
- Right click on the Start Button and select Properties.
- Click on the Customize button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and remove the check from Use large icons.
- You can now also increase the number of recently run programs that are displayed to something larger than 9.
- Hit OK when you are finished.