Do you use a third-party toolbar that has a search box or simply never use the search box in Internet Explorer 7? Follow these steps to remove the search box from Internet Explorer:
- Start up Registry Editor.
- Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Policies, Microsoft and Internet Explorer.
- Create a new key in Internet Explorer called InfoDelivery.
- Create a new key in InfoDelivery called Restrictions.
- Inside Restrictions, create a new DWORD and call it NoSearchBox.
- Set the value of NoSearchBox to 1.
If you ever want to restore your search box, set the value of NoSearchBox to 0 and restart.