Tired of all the ads at the bottom of Kazaa, not to mention the ads Kazaa causes to pop up? Here is a tweak to end all Kazaa related ads.
1. With KaZaA closed navigate to C:\Windows\System32\AdCache
2. Delete all files within 'AdCache', leave the 'Temp' folder but make sure it is empty
3. Right click on the folder 'AdCache' & select properties
4. Navigate to the Security tab
5. In the group or user name box, select administrator, or the appropriate user (anyone who runs kazaa)
6. In the permissions box deny write access
7. Repeat for all necessary users and click 'OK'
Remove Ads from KaZaA
Posted in Windows XP by Community Submission