There are two ways to stop applications that start when you startup your computer at login. You can use the System Configuration Utility or the new Software Explorer in Windows Defender. Take a look at the two sections to get control over your startup applications and speed up your computer:
Disabling auto-start applications with the System Configuration Utility
- Click on the Start Button and key in msconfig and hit Enter.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Remove the check next to any items that you do not want to startup and click OK.
Disabling auto-start applications with Windows Defender
- Click on the Start Button and type in Windows Defender and hit Enter.
- Click on the Tools from the top menu bar.
- Click on Software Explorer.
- Hit Show for All Users.
- Select an application and then click either Remove or Disable.