Are you fed up with the new Windows Media Player? Did you like the version of Windows Media Player that came with Windows 2K? Windows XP still has the version of media player installed but they hid it. To get it back follow the directions below :
1. Click on the Start button and select Run.
2. Type "mplayer2" and click OK. Now you have the original Media Player loaded.
If you want to make this the default media player follow the directions below:
1. When the classic Windows Media Player is running, click on the view menubar and select options.
2. Then click on the format tab and choose which formats you would like it to open by checking the box.
3. Click OK, now all of the formats you selected will open with the classic Windows Media Player.