One quick way to speed up launching internet explorer is to not set a home page. By using a blank home page internet explorer does not have to use additional cpu time and uses the hard drive less. After all most of the time you want to go to a different site right away so it is not going to affect your productivity at all.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools from the menu bar.
- Then select Internet Options... from the drop down menu.
- Once the internet options has loaded click on the general tab.
- Under the home page section click the use blank button.
- Click OK