When using the start menu the you will notice a delay between different tiers of the menu hierarchy. For the fastest computer experience possible I recommend changing this value to zero. This will allow the different tiers to appear instantly.
- Start Regedit. If you are unfamiliar with regedit please refer to our FAQ on how to get started.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.
- Right on it and select Modify.
- Change the value to something lower (note: a setting of zero (0) is virtually instantaneous - experiment with other settings (200 or 300 or 400 perhaps) to see what you are most comfortable with..
- Reboot your computer.
Tip suggested by Webmaster / Admin