This is a response to all the people that have posted this tweak. Follow these steps to avoid menus popping up too fast when opening up the start menu or any other menu, making it less annoying because un-wanted menus won't pop up first.
- Start Regedit. (Click on Run in the start menu, then type "regedit" without the quotes and hit enter)
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.
- Right on it and select Modify.
- Change the value to only 150, its the perfect speed setting so menus appear quick, but not to quick so that the un-wanted ones appear.
- Reboot your computer.
This little toggle will amke a big difference and cause less agony. :-)