windows games have disappeared!

Posted 11 years, 53 days ago in Windows Games by tallard

Hello everyone. My Sony Vaio came with XP 2 yrs ago, I upgraded to sp2 1 yr ago and was always able to play any of the 11 windows games included. About three weeks ago, I went to play a game of freecell, and to my dismay found that it had disappeared! then I noticed that ALL the windows games had dissappeared. This was right around the time of the last popular worm that was supposed to eat up the HD but I had no strange emails, no strange attachments, nothing. Just one day games, then one day none. So I did one restore, then another, then another, so I ended up backing up almost three months (there are no more restore points available!!!) And still I've got no games, what's up??? I realise I could download from the internet, but I like the reduced size and ads free versions that come with windows. Thank you

Join or Log in to Reply

Page 1 of 14 Replies
Floyd 107 posts Forum Members
Posted 11 years, 53 days ago

Go to Control panel>Add/Remove Programs>Windows componenets>Accessories>Games and reinstall them.

I would be in deep trouble without "Freecell"

Floyd

Broadband Access allows people to screw up thier computers 10 times as fast.

tallard 78 posts Forum Members
Posted 11 years, 38 days ago

Ahem, yes, that worked, weird how I know about this and "thought" I'd already tried it. oups.
However, in the process I noticed my calculator had also disappeared, and is now reinstalled.
What I'd really like to know is why they all disappeared in the first place, is it a virus, has my computer become hijacked? I'm running with 48 processes and probably need to go through a hijack this thing. But do you have any other ideas on why those programs would have disappeared?
Thanks

RonTheCon 16 posts Forum Members
Posted 10 years, 343 days ago

Tallard, if you ever went, Control panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows components, to reinstall something and only checked the ones you wanted to install, then it would automatically delete the ones you wanted lol. You might have already known that, but I had that same problem.

aajamilkhan 1 post
Posted 2 years, 104 days ago

how I know about this and "thought" I'd already tried it. oups.
However, in the process I noticed my calculator had also disappeared,